Setting up a PCSB iTunes account
Non-Credit iTunes Account
PCS purchased iPads and iPods should be synchronized with a PCS iTunes account that is not attached to a credit card or any personal information. Below are the directions for teachers and administrators to set up that PCSB iTunes account
1. Open iTunes on the computer
(if you are already logged in with another iTunes account, log off by going to "Store" in the menu bar and go down to "Sign Out". You will be signed out.)
2. Click on iTunes Store
3. Select Education from the App Store Menu
4. Select a free education app you would like to download for use
5. Select the "Free App" download button
6. Select "Create a New Account"
7. Select Continue
8. Read and Agree to iTunes terms and conditions
9. Select Continue
10. Create new account:
• Email address: use district email address (@pcsb.org)
• Password: unique password you will remember. It must be at least 8 characters, have at least 1 capital letter, and 1 number.
• Question: personal choice
• Answer: personal choice
• Birthday Info: enter your birth month, day and year
11. Select Continue
12. Enter the following information in the "Payment Method" screen:
• Credit Card: none
• First Name: your first name
• Last Name: your last name
• Enter school address and phone number
13. Select Continue
14. Select Done
15. A verification email will be sent to your school address.
16. Go to school email and click on the link provided in the email.
17. Enter new Apple ID (PCS email address) and password
18. Be sure to be logged into this account when you sync your iPad or iPod.
19. You can use gift cards with this account by selecting redeem, which is located in the drop-down menu beneath your Apple ID in the upper right corner of iTunes window.